Last winter I was walking the streets of San Francisco near China town area and dined at an Italian restaurant which(I don't remember the name now) served potatoes that were amazing. Inspired by that I prepared my version of grilled potato on skewers. I spiced it up because I think they taste great with some spice on them and a cooling side dip. This looks so elegant on the plate with any kind of food. A must try for all those potato lovers out there. An entry to Monthly Mingle:Grill it for the month of August hosted by Live to Eat for Meeta of Whats for Lunch Honey .
Grill of any kind
Oil and Ghee/Butter Mixed - 3 Tbsp
Chilli Powder- 1 tsp Sambar Powder/Curry Powder- 1 tsp
Potatos - 6
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Asafoedita - a few shakes
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices and coat with oil mix.
2. Mix all the powders and season the potatoes with it.
3. Place it on the grill that is slightly oiled.
4. Grill on both sides until you see dark brown grill marks on the potato.
5. Put it on the skewer and serve it hot with a cooling yogurt based dip on the side.
If you liked this recipe you might like these too:
10 Minutes U.K (Urulai-Kizhangu)/ Potato Roast
Valaikai Moru Moru / Raw Banana Salad
Seppankizhangu/Taro Root Roast Revisited