The whole day I spent thinking about what I can do with the strawberries in my fridge. Wanted to do something different and by the end of the day while I was picking up my 4 yr old from pre school the whole recipe unfolded in my head. I did not do any search on google to see if such a recipe existed, I just decided to come home and start preparing it. It was an adventure I should say as I started out with it. It was very simple in the end. I had finished my kheer and the best part of the whole thing was tasting it. I was kind of worried if anyone would like it. My daughter who loves strawberries said it was very delicious and my husband was ready to try it. He said it was nice but needed more sugar. I just added more and served my daughter more of the Strawberry Almond Kheer. My entry to Fresh Produce of the Month event hosted by Italian in the U.S and another entry to Paajaka's Sweet Series:Cold Desserts for the month of July.Gadgets:
Strawberry whole - 12
Milk - 2 cups ( used non-fat organic)
Water- 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 to 3/4 cup depending on ones taste
Almonds - 1/2 cup
Water to soak almonds - 1 cup
Elachi - 3 pods
1. Wash strawberries and cut the into thin slices after removing the top. Put them in 1/4 cup of water and microwave for 2 minutes. allow to cool.
2. Heat the water in the kettle and pour it on the almonds and then microwave this for 1 minute. Allow it to soak.
3. In 5 minutes the skin of the almonds will come off easily. Remove the skin and grind the almond with elachi into a very thick paste using very little water.
4. Put it in the milk cooker and along with the milk cook it for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and then add sugar before transfering into a bowl and allowed to cool.
5. Meanwhile grind the strawberry and keep aside. When the almond and milk cools add the strawberry mix keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes and serve it cold.
Note: Do not heat it will curdle.