Reading Harvey Comics was something I enjoyed as a child. Little Lotta, little Dot and Richie Rich were fun. In these comics they always had pictures of Lotta enjoying food or thinking of food all the time. Last Saturday I was trying to make a simple sandwich. I did not think about Lotta then but when I plated it and took pictures of it I was reminded of her sandwich pictures.
Whole Wheat Bread - 4 slices
Avocado - 1 big
Tomatoes - 2 (Roma)
Shallots - 1 sliced thinly
1. Toast the bread in a toaster.
2. Remove the skin on the Avocado and the seed and slice them.
3. Slice the tomatoes and the shallots.
4. When the bread is toasted place the avocado about 4 slices and add salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and the onions and add salt and pepper.
5. Place one slice of bread on top and again start building another set of sandwich.
6. Place one sandwich on top of the other and there you have a huge sandwich like the one Lotta used to enjoy.