Very tasty and snacky kind of tiffin that my sisters used to make at home. Basically if you had a lot of bread sitting in your fridge this is the best way to get rid of it. This is a mixture of Bread and veggies, which when served hot is very delicious and believe me it can disappear fast.
Bread - 1 Loaf cut into cubes
Veggies (Beans, Carrot, Onions, Peas, Bell Pepper, Cabbage, Cauliflower) 3 cups chopped.
Green chilli's - 2
Cilantro - 1/2 cup chopped
Roasted Nuts (peanuts or cashew nut)- as much as you like (optional)
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Place the slices of bread in a toaster oven and broil it. It will get toasted on one side turn over the bread and toast it on the other side. This will take a few minutes to toast on either sides so please watch out.
2. When the bread is toasted cut them into cubes.
3. In a Wok on high add some oil. When that warms up add green chillis,asifotita and onions cut lengthwise or julienned.When the onions are half way cooked add the rest of the veggies. The veggies have to be cut like the onions as to at have them all cooked evenly.
4. Add salt and mix well. Pepper can also be added to create more spice to the mix.
5. Add the bread, nuts and cilantro and toss it well.
6. Serve it hot with ketchup or any chutney.
7. If they get dry after some time microwave them for a minute and the bread would be moist and be as good as the freshly prepared food.