A few weeks ago an anonymous person requested I post something with broccoli as the main ingredient. I found some very good quality tender broccoli from the farmers market. I tried to use the long stock and cut them uniform and long which helped in cooking faster and the texture was perfect. I cooked it well by request and my daughter and nephew gobbled it all up. It had a lot of flavor and will go perfect with any kind of food. I am sure Mrs. Anonymous will not be disappointed with this recipe. Please do get back to me with your comments. Looking forward to hearing from you Mrs. A.
Heavy bottom Wok
Measuring Pan and Spoons
Broccoli - 2 cups
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Fresh Cracked Pepper - as per taste
Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
Marinara Sauce - 1/4 cup
Water - 4 cups
1. Boil water in the saucepan until it reaches a rolling boil. Heat the wok to medium heat.
2. Add the uniformly cut broccoli to the boil water and turn out the heat and drain the water after a minute.
3. Increase the heat of the wok to high. Add oil and broccoli and toss.
4. Add salt, pepper, garlic and toss. Cover and cook on medium heat for a few minutes, making sure to toss often.
5. Once the broccoli feels cooked, add marinara sauce , mix and cook covered for a few more minutes. Serve hot with any kind of food.