The most popular dip among my nieces and nephews : Guacamole. Every time they get together this is the most requested dip. I happened to have a whole bag of avocados in my fridge that needed immediate attention. Since the school was out due to MLK's birthday, I was requested to make the dip for snack this afternoon. I keep varying the ingredients, but here is a tried and tested chunky style guaco that I make often.
Avocado - 2
Garlic- 2 cloves
Salt- as per taste
Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
Cilantro- 2 tbsp chopped
Pepper - as per taste
Jalapeno- 1 ( with no seeds) or 3 sliced jalapeño soaked in vinegar
1. Mince the garlic with some salt until the garlic almost gets to be a paste.
2. Pass the knife along the length of the avocado. Open the avocado into two halves and remove the seed.
3. Cut the avocado into big chucks and add to the bowl with 2 tsp lemon and coat the avocado chunks in the juice. This helps to keep the color and stop avocado from getting oxidized.
4. Add the garlic paste to the avocado along with some freshly grated pepper, jalapeño's and finely chopped cilantro.
5. Using the fork roughly mix the avocado. Taste to see if the salt and garlic are well mixed.
6. Serve with chips, use with in a burrito.