Mango the king of fruits is one of my favorites. Raw or ripe, baby or matured, sour or sweet, raw or cooked mango can be eaten anyhow. To me mangoes are a summer delight. All the heat melts away when you eat mangoes everyday. Mango Trifle Pudding which I prepared for the weekend birthday breakfast/brunch is a wonderful desert that can be made healthy. This can be made with any fruit but I used mango as the main ingredient and is my entry to WBB: Mango hosted by Escapades for the month of may.
Trifle pudding bowl
Mangoes (ripe) - 4 cubed ( big chunks)
Banana - 2 sliced
Cake (white) cubed - 2 cups ( make from white cake mix, eggs, oil and water)
Cherries - 15
Custard - 4 cups (made out of custard powder, milk and sugar) or vanilla yogurt from the store
Apple Sauce - 1 bottle
Nuts- almond/walnuts 1 cup optional
1. Layer the cubed cake in the bottom of the pudding bowl.
2. Next add a thick coat of apple sauce followed by 2 cups of yogurt or custard.
4. Add mangoes and banana the next layer.
5. Add nuts if you want then follow the above steps again and finish it up with the mangoes on the top.
6. Decorate with cherries and keep it covered in the fridge for an hour at least before use.