Measuring Cups and Spoons
Makes 5 Vadai's
All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 2 cups
Rice Flour - 2 heaped tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp plus
Green Chillies - 2 or more thinly sliced
Onion - 1 finely sliced
Ginger - 1 tbsp grated
Garlic - 1 tbsp grated
Cilantro - 1/4 cup roughly chopped
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp
Oil for frying ( roughly 2 cups)
2.Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil and mix well.
3. Add all the onions, ginger, garlic, chillies and mix well with the flour.
4. Add water and form a soft dough.
5. Split the dough into 5 portions and make a ball with it.
7. On the kitchen counter, place 2 square sheets of aluminum foil.
10. Place the other sheet over it and flatten it with your palm and shape it to the size of a CD disc but keep it thick (1/2 inch).
11. Put the disc shaped half fried vadai back into the oil and fry on both sides until golden brown and enjoy it with a cup of hot tea.