As promised here is the post with the left over orange peel syrup. I had an option of using the orange syrup as a topping for pancakes or waffles. Instead I decided to bake a cake. Before I write down my recipe I have to tell you all that I might have baked many cakes in the past but none turned out like this one. The texture is what I am talking about. It was very soft and moist and melted in my mouth. I am wondering as what caused this. Was it the use of kitchen aid mixer or the sugar syrup. If anyone can give me an explanation I would understand maybe the science behind the formation of this cake.
Measuring cups and spoons
Muffin pan liners
APF - 3/4 cup
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour- 1/4 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
White Chocolate - 4 ounces
Sour Cream - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Orange peel melted syrup - whatever is filtered
(please refer to point 4 in Candied Orange Peel )
1. Add the sugar, butter and sour cream to a bowl and mix well with an electrical mixer.
2. Add eggs one at a time and incorporate well.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave with 1 tbsp of butter, cool and add to mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients in 2 batches. Pour the batter into prepared muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
5. Garnish with candied orange peel and serve.