It all began when my sister requested a soup "with lots of vegetables" for me to prepare. I took inventory of all the veggies in my fridge and freezer and saw a wide variety available for me to use for the soup. With spring time comes bounty of vegetables for one to use. I did not use a lot but just a little bit of this and that added up to over 3 quart soup. I think on the whole I used 10 plus veggies and it was very hearty and delicious for a cold spring night. Must say it was so easy and was done in a jiffy.
Measuring spoons and cups
Veggies - (frozen peas, carrots, beans, asparagus, potato,onions, corn, sweet potato,celery, bell pepper) about 1 1/2 quart chopped.
Ragu Marinara Sauce - 1 bottle
Garlic - 3 cloves
Ginger - 1 inch
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Water - 3 Ragu bottle amount.
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Heat the soup pot add butter and oil and allow to melt.
2. Add onion, garlic, ginger with salt and cook. Add the rest of the veggies and cover and cook for 4 minutes until they are all getting a little warm and cooked.
3. Add ragu sauce and mix well. Add all the remaining spices and mix well and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add water and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are all cooked.
5. Serve them hot with some garlic bread.