Cilantro paneer is the perfect side dish for someone who likes the taste of cilantro. I have been pondering over how to incorporate cilantro into preparing something interesting. I had a purpose to make this for lunch instead of any other paneer dish.The reason being that Cilantro is hosting JFI event with Cilantro as the theme ingredient. I must say it came out better than I expected. Personally, I would have enjoyed it without toasting the paneer but everyone other than me liked it toasted. My entry to WYF side dish event hosted by Simple Indian Food.
Heavy bottom pan
Paneer - 350 gms
Cilantro - 3 bunches ( only the leaves)
Onion - 1
Garlic - 4 pods
Tomato paste - 2 tsp
Tomato - 3 chopped
Ginger - 1 inch
Green Chilli - 1
Kasthuri Methi- 1tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
1. Heat the heavy bottom pan with 2 tbsp of oil and toast the paneer cubes. Transfer into a bowl.
2. In a blender add onion, garlic, cilantro, ginger and water and blend into a fine paste.
3. Heat the pan again with 1 tbsp of oil add chillis and roast them a bit and then add the paste. Allow it to cook for 15 minutes covered.
4. Check to see if the raw smell of onion and garlic disappeared. Then add the powders, tomato paste and tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add milk and sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add roasted paneer and cook for 4 minutes. Garnish with kasthuri methi and serve it hot with roti or naan.
7. Voila! Cilantro Paneer