Truly my own creation in 1999.It was one of those days I wanted to have something spicy. Looking into the pantry cupboard at my sister's I saw a tin of pineapple.Decided to do something with that.Created this wonderful recipe. This has been a great hit in the family and we always serve with South Indian traditional food.
A seasoning pan
Cutting board and knife
Pineapple crushed/cubed - 1 can
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Green Chilli - 1 or 2 as per taste
Black mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cilantro chopped - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
1. Open the can of pineapple and add it to the bowl.
2. If cubed mash the pineapple a little.
3. Add salt and chilli powder and cilantro.
4. Place the seasoning vessel on fire, add oil and when that heats up add mustard seeds.
5. As the mustard pops add green chilli's.
6. Add seasoning to the bowl of pineapple.
7. Tastes great as a side dish or can eat it as such.