Check out this masala kadala(peanuts)that is very common and most relished snack in south India.It takes 4 minutes to prepare and saves you when you have unexpected guests at your door.Great to snack with a cup of tea, coffee or hard drinks.
Microwave safe Bowl.
Measuring spoons ( tbsp,1 tsp,1/2tsp,1/3tsp)
Measuring cups ( 3/4 cup)
Oil - 2 Tsp.
Rice flour - 1/2 Tbsp (1 Tbsp=3tsp)
Chilli powder-1/2 Tsp
Asfoetida- 2 shakes if the LG powder or 2 pinches.
Peanuts(raw with skin or without)- 3/4 cup.
Water -1 Tbsp.
Note:It is very important to follow the measures to get optimum results, so please do get yourself a measuring spoon before trying this one out.
1. Add 2 tsp of oil to the microwaveable bowl.
2. Place it in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Remove the bowl and add Basen flour,Rice flour,Chili powder,Salt,Asfoetida powder and mix well.
4. Add Water and mix well with your fingers to form a lump less paste.
5. Add raw peanuts and mix them with the paste so as to coat the peanuts well.
6. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and remove and mix with a spoon so as to separate the peanuts.
7. Place it back in the microwave for another minute remove and mix again.
8. Place it back in the microwave for a minute more.
9. Voila you have the most delicious spicy hot masala peanuts.
Note: Allow it to cool before eating them, it might be tasting a little raw but when it cools it is very crunchy and tasty.