I hope all of you have been having fun blogging and creating awesome recipes. I took a break from blogging just to clear my mind and take care of things. Varalakshmi nombu, Krishna Jayanthi and Back to school had kept me very busy. For months I have been thinking of making this recipe which actually was very fun to make and delicious to eat. An awesome fusion recipe to try on your kids. They might like to try this because it is Indian-Italian Fusion. My daughter thought it was awesome and ate an extra paratha.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Whole Wheat Chapathi Dough - 4 golf size balls
Whole Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
Ricotta Cheese - 1 cup ( extra liquid drained)
Sun Dried Tomatoes ( dry or strain and use the oil soaked ones) - 1/3 cup finely chopped
Fresh Basil - 10 Leaves finely shredded
Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
Crushed Chili Pepper - a dash.
1. Add all the ingredients used for filling to a bowl. Mix well, make into 4 equal balls and set aside.
2. Roll out the chapathi dough into 5 inch circle. Place one filling ball in the center and cover it with the dough.
3. Roll it out into a nine inch circle. Use the extra whole wheat flour to roll easily.
4. Heat the griddle/ tava on medium high and place the paratha on it.
5. Cook the paratha on both sides. Serve them hot with ketchup or sour cream.