Wishing you all a very happy new year!
May this year bring you peace, joy, perfect health, prosperity and happiness
Hello everyone! Its been a while since I logged in or posted. It has been a very busy 4 months for me. It has been very exciting meeting many people in my town. For the holidays, my daughter's girls scouts group had a cookie swap and we had to bake 70 cookies. We looked at many recipes and tried this recipe a few times, but this one was what we liked best. It became the base for our chocolate chip, m&m and sugar sprinkled cookies. The cookies tasted delicious, was super easy and a lot of fun to make with your kids.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Makes 24 Cookies:
All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Cornstarch - 1Tbsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Kosher Salt - 3/4 tsp
Butter - 3/4 cup in room temperature
Brown Sugar - 3/4 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 1
Vanilla Essence - 1 tbsp
For Toppings - Sugar Sprinkles - 1/2 cup
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
M&M's - 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the cookie tray by lining with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
4. Cream butter and sugars in another bowl on medium speed until they get fluffy about 3 minutes. Add one egg and vanilla to this mix. Scrape the sides and give it a mix.
5. Add the dry ingredients in until the dough comes together.
6. Scoop a tbsp portion of the dough, lightly flatten it and add the sugar sprinkles or m&m's or chocolate chips and bake for 9 minutes. Make sure to turn the cookie tray inside out half way through the baking. The edges will be golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!