By now most of you must have understood that I love to cook with quinoa. I have now started substituting it for APF ( maida).Another ingredient that I have been using is raisins in place of regular sugar. For people who can consume almost everything and are allergy free it is very easy. Most of the kids these days have some form of allergies. Then it becomes very challenging for parents.They have to not only be super careful about feeding them the right food, but at times also help them indulge in treats that they miss out on. I also think regular sugar makes the kids crave for more of it, but substituting them with banana's and raisins in baked goodies satisfies them and takes the craving out. This weekend my little helper and I created this muffin and got double thumbs up. So here is a muffin for all those who have gluten issues.
Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients:( Makes 12)
Oats- 1 cup
Quinoa Flakes - 1 cup
All Spice Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Kosher Salt - 1/8tspButter - 1/2 cup
Banana - 1 ripe
Raisins - 1 cup
Craisins - 1/4 cup
Silvered Almonds - 1/2 cup
Apple Sauce - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Orange/ grape fruit zest - 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp
Blueberry Preserve ( optional) - 1 tbsp
1. In a sauce pan melt the butter.
2. Set the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. In a bowl, add banana's and mash well, and then add vanilla, melted butter, raisins, craisins,lime juice, apple sauce and mash well. Add the 2 eggs, almonds, grape fruit zest and mix well.
5. In another bowl mix oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder,baking soda and all spice powder. Using your fingers crush the oats and quinoa flakes.
7. Mix dry with the wet and spoon out into the muffin pans lined with cupcake liners.Sprinkle a little brown sugar for crunch on top and bake for 20 minutes or until it comes cleans on the tooth pick test.