Researching a lot on acidic food on the Internet, I realized that over 75% of my diet was very acidic. With the need to change all that and choose a healthy way of living, I have been in pursuit of alternative snacks that are good for the body. Crunchy texture is something my family loves to have in some form. When potato or tortilla chips are not in the list of good eats, then its natural that we have to look for healthier alternatives. These days most supermarkets carry various grains in puffed form for cereal. At Sprouts I found puffed kamut and thought I could make something crunchy with it. Kamut is one grain that is good for the body. It resembles wheat and has great benefits. It resembles puffed rice and tastes similar too. The Kamut mixture had a savory and sweet combination and was got the stamp of approval from my panel of tasters.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Puffed Kamut - 3 cups
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Silvered Almonds - 1/2 cup
Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp ( add more for spice)
Curry Leaves - a few
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Olive/ Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
1. Heat the wok on medium high. Add oil and ghee.
2. Add the curry leaves, garlic, turmeric, pepper and cayenne powder.and mix well for a few seconds.
3. Add Almonds and raisins and toast it.
4. Add salt and puffed kamut. Mix well and remove the wok from heat.
5. Store after the mixture cools in a air tight container ( preferably in a tin or stainless steal container)