Quinoa is gaining a lot of popularity in the blogging world. Costco sells the organic quinoa in packets and local grocery stores carry red quinoa and quinoa flakes. I love the texture of them all and use them often. Quinoa flakes is super easy to work with and I made dosai with them to go with my coconut chutney. Seriously, just adding a bunch of things into the blender and your dosai/ crepe batter is ready. You can make dosai or uthapam with them and you would never know it has quinoa in it. Tastes almost like rava dosai and I liked it a lot. Addition of rava or cream of wheat might get it a lot more crunchy. I hope all of you enjoy this dosai as much as I did. I just found out that Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal is hosting the CWF: Quinoa event and today is the last day. So here is my entry to this event.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Rice flour - 1 cup
Water - 2 1/2 cups ( I used warm water)
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
Ginger - 1 inch
Green Chillies - 1 sliced
Curry Leaves - a few
Cilntro - 1/4 cup ( as much as you like)Oil - 2 tsp plus extra for making the dosai/crepes
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
1. Measure the quinoa flakes, rice flour, salt, asafoetida, ginger into a bowl.
2. Add them into a blender with warm water and blend well.
3. Add cilantro, green chillies and curry leaves and mix well.( Sometimes I do add onions )
4. Heat the tava/ griddle to medium high add some water and then oil before making crepes or dosai's.
5. Serve with coconut chutney.
If you like quinoa and are looking for other recipes check out these:
Thair Quinoa / Quinoa in Yogurt
Quinoa Salad Made Indian Style
Quinoa Flakes Porridge With Dry Fruits & Nuts