It all started when I wanted to make something sweet to add to the food basket that I was going to bring to my friend Ashley. With baby Johnathan here I thought preparing her a basket with home cooked food would make life easy for her. I wanted to make something healthy and sugary treat for the baby and the mother.After a lot of thought I decided to use the fresh coconut and create something simple. On mentioning about this in my conversation with my sister Sowmya, she told me that I have to make it in the microwave so that she can make it sometime. She does not enjoy spending too much time making sweets in the kitchen so I had to shift from the stove top to the microwave. Personally, I am not too fond of microwave style of cooking, but had to do this for my Sis. It scored a 9.2 out of 10 from my in house food critics.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Shredded Fresh Coconut - 2 cups
Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin
Cream Of Wheat/ Rava/ Farina - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
1. Heat the wok with 2 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
2. Add the coconut and saute to get the raw smell off and to equally distribute the melted butter.(If you wish to continue on stove top just add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the mix leaves the sides, thickens and comes together.)
3. Add this coconut mix, cardamon powder, rava and condensed milk and mix well.
4. Place in the microwave and cook it for 5 minutes. Remove and mix well. Put it back and cook it in 2 minutes increments, until the mixture comes together. (Please note that each microwave has its own power levels so please pay attention to that)
5. Line a pound cake pan with parchment paper and spread the mix evenly. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares and place in the fridge to set. In 10 minutes it will be ready to serve.