Though I am open to most cuisines, I still have reservations about flavors. I was not into Thai food as most people are because of the lemon grass flavor. Lemon grass oil is used in India to keep mosquito's away and I did not enjoy that flavor in food. But all that changed a while ago when my brother-in-law Shaker prepared the spiciest and lemon grass flavor free red Thai curry and served it to us. I really started liking the curry and have been making it often.The secret to it was Thai Kitchen's Red Curry Paste. Most red curry pastes have anchovies in them but this brand that I found at Henry's Market Place came without it.
Onion - 1
Broccoli - 1/2 cup
Carrot Slices - 1 cup
Zucchini slices - 1/2 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 tin
Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup
Thai Curry Paste - 1 tbsp
Garlic- 3 cloves
Ginger- 1 inch
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - a dash
Oil - 1 tsp for every veggie
1. In a sauce pan add the coconut milk and Thai curry paste and allow to simmer.
2. Heat the wok on high and add the 1 tsp of oil. Saute the ginger garlic and onions without salt to keep it crunchy but get it cooked. When the color of the onions change transfer to a bowl.
3. Add another tsp of oil and cook the carrot, transfer it to the bowl and do the same with zucchini, broccoli and bell pepper.
4. Now add the veggies back to wok and add the coconut milk mixture to it along with turmeric powder, a dash of black pepper and salt.
5. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, add basil leaves and serve it hot with sticky rice.