This morning I was kind of lazy and had no clue as to what I wanted to prepare for lunch. Then , I remembered that it was the last day for JFI: Bell pepper hosted by Pooja of My Creative Ideas for the month of June. Chinese food in India is something I love. The fried rice or the noodles just tasted so good and very different form the Chinese food you could find in the restaurants here. For my love for this fusion cuisine I prepared veggie noodles and my entry to this event.
Noodles : 1 packet
Water for preparing noodles as per the packet instructions.
Bell Pepper - red, yellow and orange - 1 each sliced
Spring onions - 2 bunch chopped
Carrots - 2 thinly julienned
Beans - 1 cup sliced in the diagonal
Cabbage - shredded 1 cup
Ginger - 3 table spoons thinly julienned
Garlic - 6 cloves minced
Onion - 1/2 thinly julienned
Soy sauce - as much as you want ( 1/3 cups )
Green chilli sauce - 3 tsps ( for spic)
Salt to taste
Pepper 1/4 th tsp
Oil - Sesame - 3 tbsp
1. Heat the wok on high heat. Then add garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes and then add ginger, carrot, beans and cook for 1 more minute and then add the bell pepper followed by spring onions and in the end cabbage.
2. While the wok is heating up boil water in a pan and season with some salt. When it starts to boil add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes as per the Hakka noodles instructions.
3. Add some soy sauce and green chilli sauce to the veggies and cook them for 30 secs and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the drained noodles and toss them well and serve them hot.
5. The whole preparation takes place for 5 minutes its the cutting of veggies that takes 10 minutes.