It has been a while since I checked on blogs or blogged. Been busy packing up boxes to move. There are some recipes that I had intended on posting last month but somehow it has been pushed to this month. One evening I wanted to cook something very fast to go with roti and I set out to prepare aloo gobi. This is a little different from the traditional method. I broiled the potatoes and cauliflower which came out very crunchy. I saved a lot of time by cooking the masala separate and the veggies separate. Not kidding the whole thing was done in less than 20 minutes.
Red Potato - 4
Cauliflower heads - 2 cups
Green Chilli - 1
Red Onion - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Kasthuri Methi - 1 tbsp crushed
Cilantro - 1 tbsp chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
1. Peal the potato and cut into big cubes. Mix the cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper and broil in the oven for 15 minutes making sure to toss them in between.
2. Heat the wok and add oil to it.When that heats up at cumin seeds and allow it to pop and add green chilli's.
3. Add onions, garlic, ginger, salt and cook. When that is well cooked add tomato and cook it well with the onions.
4. Add the powders and cook until the tomato and onions are well mixed.
5. When the potatoes are well cooked add them to the mix in the wok and coat it well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of water to allow the flavours to get absorbed.
6. Garnish with kasthuri methi and cilantro and serve it hot with roti or rice.