Its Feb 5Th and the last day for RCI: Chettinadu Vegetarian Cuisine event posts. I have been racking my mind to think of something to post for the event myself. I decided to ask my sister to get me some recipes from her close friends living in D.C. The recipe Annamalai and his wife Rajee gave my sister was the Karuvapillai Molagu Kozhambu. It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare and I hope I was able to come up with the perfect taste as the recipe would have called for. I liked what I tasted and I am sure you all would.
Blender or Mixer
Measuring cup and spoon
Curry leaves - About 2 cups
Pepper - 1 tsp (depends on the level of spice one would like)
Coriander Seeds - 2 tbsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Channa Dhal - 1 tbsp
Coconut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Onions - 1/2 chopped finely
Garlic - 4 cloves
Oil- 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 1/2 cup
1. Heat the wok and add 1 tsp of oil and roast the curry leaves and remove and allow to cool.
2. Heat the ghee and roast coriander seeds, cumin, coconut, channa dhal and allow to cool.
3. Grind the curry leaves and the other mixture into a powder.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add garlic and onions and cook with a little salt. Add water and tamarind paste allow to boil for a few minutes and then add the powdered mix.
5. The liquid will start to thicken. Serve them with some hot rice.