Schools have been out for over a month. Swimming lessons, play dates, visits to the park, cycling and traveling has kept us very busy. My daughter has been taking over the kitchen and creating her own snacks or lunch at times. She enjoys being in the kitchen and has always helped me in the past. Personally, I want to encourage her natural flair for cooking, allow her to learn to prepare healthy meals and rejoice in her creations. I have trained myself not to react or not pay much attention to the state of the kitchen counter, after such experiments. Instead, we just pretend that we own a restaurant and I, encourage her to clean up. This afternoon, she made me this open faced grilled paneer sandwich. I was really impressed at her technique in making dressings to go on the bread. This one was special, because she created everything on her own. I had no clue as to what she mixed or toasted, until she gave me her recipe. It tasted light, crunchy and fresh. Give it a try, a recipe from the little 8 year old chef.
Paneer (2 inch square and 1/2 inch thick) - 1
Avocado - 1/2 sliced
Lemon - 1 plus half.
Honey - 2 tbsp
Spinach - two hands full
Italian Seasoning - a few shakes
Bread - 2 slices
Ghee ( Melted Butter) - 3 tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves minced
1. Grill the paneer in a griddle until both sides are toasted. Cut into half and make narrow strips of the paneer.
2. In a bowl mix garlic, ghee, honey, Italian seasoning, lemon juice well.
3. Place the spinach in a bowl and microwave for 44 seconds.
4. Toast the bread, then add the garlic dressing, on one side of the bread slices.
5. Chop the spinach into smaller pieces and add it on top of the bread. Drizzle a dash of lemon.
Place avocado slices, paneer slices, drizzle another dash of lemon on grilled paneer and enjoy.