Yesterday for dinner I grilled some eggplant and onions and made some sandwiches. As I had some extra grilled veggies I thought I would make something with them today. This morning as I was pondering on what to convert the veggies into I thought of some grilled veggie pasta. Along with the veggies I tossed in some fresh tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes. Let me tell you something, if you like eggplant please do give this one a try. I just loved the marriage of flavors and it was just perfect to eat them hot and watch it rain outside. As I was half way into the pasta, I thought that it would be great to convert anything. For example, if we have some left over eggplant prepared the Indian way as a veggie side dish I am sure you can make some pasta and toss in the remaining eggplant and it would be very tasty.I have known of people eat pasta with vathal kozhambu, mor kozhambu etc.
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Pasta (Any kind) - 1 packet
Water for boiling pasta
Grilled Eggplant - 2
Grilled Red Onions - 2
Fresh Tomato - 2
Kalamata Olives - 3/4 th cup
Sun Dried Tomato - 1/2 cup
Pine nuts - 1/2 cup toasted
Crushed Peppers - 1/2 tsp
Pasta Seasoning - 1 tsp
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Basil - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
1. Grill the eggplant and onions and cut them into cubes.
2. Cut tomato into big cubes and set it aside.
3. Dice the olives and mix them with the sun dried tomato and oil and set aside.
4. Cook pasta as per the instructions in the back and drain when its cook and add to a bowl. Add the seasoning and mix well.
5. Add the grilled veggies followed by tomato and then the olive sun dried tomato mix and coat every pasta well.
6. Add toasted pine nuts and serve them hot. DELISH.............