Chocolate and Orange are made for each other. I love chocolate and orange and have been hooked on ever since I tasted the marmalade coated chocolate I had from Trader Joe's. Nigella Lawson's Marmalade cake has also inspired me to think and bake this fresh orange added chocolate cake. I used the zest, juice and the orange to bake this cake. The end result was something very fresh, moist and tasty cake. My entry to MM: Chocolate and fruit hosted by Meeta of What's for Lunch Honey?
9 Inch baking pan
Self Rising flour- 1 cup
Brown sugar- 6 tbsp
Orange zest - whole orange
Orange juice - 1/2 an orange
Orange- 1 tin
Salt - a pinch
Butter - 1/4 cup
90% Dark Chocolate - 1 ounce
Semi Sweet Chocolate - 3 ounces
1. In a small bowl add the chocolate and butter and mix well and microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. The chocolate and butter would have melted.Mix well and transfer into a bigger bowl.
2. Add salt, eggs, sugar(brown and white), orange zest, juice and mix well with the whisk.
3. Add 1/2 cup self rising flour to the wet mix at a time and mix well.
4. Add fresh oranges and mix well.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.