Bowl to place insideCooking pan
Bottle gourd peeled and cut into cubes - 2 cupsMoong Dhal- 1/4 cup
Thoor Dhal - 1/4 cupChanna Dhal - 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1tspUdad dhal - 3 tbsp
Jeera powder - 1 tspDry chillis - 3
Cilantro- a few strands for garnishCoconut - 2 tsp
Sambar powder - 1/2 tspWater
OilAsafoedita - a few shakes
Preparation:1.In a pressure pan add 2 cups of water.
2. In a bowl that fits into the pressure pan. Add all the dhal except for udad dhal and then add some water for the dhal to cook.
3. Add the Bottle Gourd, salt, jeera, sambar powder and cook for 1 whistle.
4. Turn the heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat.
6. Meanwhile, in a wok add some oil udad dhal, dry chillis and jeera and roast till the udad gets golden brown. Add cooconut and mix it well and turn off the heat.
7. Allow it to cool and grind them into a powder.
8. In the same wok add oil, asafodita, udad dhal, 1 red dry chilli and curry leaves and then add the cooked veggies and mix well. Add the powder and allow it to cook for a few minutes and serve hot.