Tonight I was wondering what to make for dinner. Opened the fridge and decided that it was going to be all Italian. Pasta, Salad and Bread which was one healthy dinner because I used brown rice spaghetti pasta from Trader Joe's, Omega-3 multi grain bread and mixed Organic greens from Costco. It turned out better than I expected. Loved the pasta. It was so easy to make something delicious in 15 minutes. My entry to AWED hosted by Culinary Buzaar for the month of August.
Salad Tossing Spoons
Measuring cups and spoons
Cucumber - 1 cup
Olives - 1 tin slices
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Pickles - 5 slices chopped
Garlic - 1 clove
Grapes - 1 cup sliced
Walnut - 1 cup
Omega 3 Rich Bread - 2
Butter - 1tsp
]Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta - 1/2 packet
Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil - 1/2 cup drained
Garlic - 5 cloves chopped
Pine Nut - 1/2 cup
Water for pasta
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
1. Boil water for the pasta according to the instructions on the back of the packet. It takes 8-10 minutes.
2. While the water is boiling start on the salad by washing the salad in water and then cutting the cucumber, grapes, olives,pickles and garlic. Add all this to the greens. Add the nuts, salt and pepper and toss it well. Set it aside.
3. By that time the water would have boiled.Add salt and then add the spaghetti and allow it to cook for 9 minutes.
4. With the pasta cooking place the skillet on the stove and heat it.Add 1tbsp oil and add in the 5 cloves of garlic that has been chopped and cook it for 45 seconds. Next add the pine nuts and allow it to toast a little and then add the sun dried tomatoes without the oil from the bottle.Mix well and turn off the stove.
5. Toast the bread and apply the butter on it as set aside.
6. When the pasta is cooked keep 1/2 water aside and drain the rest. Add the sun dried tomato mix and the 1/2 cup of the pasta water, pepper and toss it well and serve it on the plate with salad on the side and bread. Voila a quick dinner in 15 minutes.