Last night i was trying to make some dinner for my husband and all I had in my fridge was some tortillas, some organic salad greens from Costco, sour cream, store bought salsa and frozen veggie burgers. I had to fix something fast, healthy and tasty coz he was very hungry and I created this wonderful and very yum malicious tortilla sand witch that fills you up and is " a good thing". The perfect kind of food to cook when you are pressed for time, too hungry or not in the mood to cook.
Plate and spoons.
Veggie Burger - Tex Mex from Trader Joe's or Morning Star in a plastic packet from Costco.
Tortilla - 1
Sour cream (light) - 1 tbsp or 3 tsp
Salad greens - 1/2 a cup
Salsa - 1/4 cup (use store bought or make yourself some mango/pineapple/tomato salsa)
Note: If you are out of sour cream try any salad dressing.
1. Heat the Tava or griddle and toast the veggie burger until it is well done.2. Remove the burger and add the tortillas in the tava and slightly warm them or toast them if they are not well cooked.
3. Mix the veggies and salt and pepper in a bowl. If using salad dressing remove this step.
4. Once the tortillas are cooked fold 3/4Th of the tortilla and then open it just to get
an idea as to where to place your ingredients. Place the veggie burger either cut or as is, place the salad mix and if salad dressing is not added add sour cream.
5. Now fold 3/4 Th of the tortilla. then fold the right over and then the left. It will be like an envelope.
6. Place salsa in a bowl and serve.Either add salsa into the tortilla sand witch or dunk/dip the sand witch into the salsa.